A subsidiary is an independent legal entity. But it belongs to the main enterprise. If the company’s management decides to expand the scope of services provided (increase the number of activities), it is necessary to register a subsidiary company.
Documents for registration of SE
There is a procedure for registration established at the legislative level. The important point is to choose the name of the subsidiary. It should reflect the relationship with the head office. The moment is mandatory not only to the legal sphere. The secret is that the main company already has a positive image and an established customer base. Potential partners are guided by the name. And if the link between the main founder and the SE is not visible to everyone, it is very far from effective activity.
For a resident, you need:
- extract from the state register;
- proof of ownership structure;
- the right to sign basic documents.
- extract from the trade register of the country of which the authorized person is a citizen;
- document on the ownership structure;
- a copy of the minutes of the constituent assembly (the document contains all the data of the SE);
- right to sign documentation;
- a copy of the passport of the official (or designated representative).
It is important to note that the director of a subsidiary can only be a person with Ukrainian citizenship. In exceptional cases, the right to manage a subsidiary can be entrusted to a foreigner. But a person must have the right to conduct business in our country.
All documents required for registration of a SE are submitted in the state language. A notarized translation is allowed.
Algorithm for registering a subsidiary
- Checking the uniqueness of the name of the subsidiary.
- Confirmation of the existing legal address. If it is not available, it must be issued.
- Preparation of a package of documents (it is important to specify the list).
- If necessary, visit a notary to certify copies or translations.
- Payment of state duty in the prescribed amount (information is specified at the time of registration).
- State registration.
- Getting an extract from the registry.
- Issue of a seal (stamp) for a subsidiary.
Concerning the registration of the company’s subsidiaries is a slightly different process, as:
A branch of a company is its separate division, which is not an independent legal entity and performs part of the functions of the main company. The owner of the branch’s property is also a legal entity. Branch managers act based on a power of attorney from the company’s Director or founder. There may be several branches, and unlike representative offices, they can carry their business activities.
To register a branch, you must contact the State registration service at the place of registration of the legal entity.
The appeal to Kasyanenko & Partners Law Company will help to save your time and effort. Professionals will answer all your questions, prepare documents, and get rid of unnecessary problems.