The law firm “Kasyanenko and Partners” provides a range of legal services for obtaining a permanent residence permit in Ukraine for foreigners and stateless persons in the territory of Ukraine.
Residence permit in Ukraine – is an official document issued by the regional offices of the migration service based on the received permit to immigrate to Ukraine, in the form of a certificate of permanent residence in Ukraine, certifying the identity of a foreigner or a stateless person and confirming the right to permanent residence in the territory of Ukraine.
A permanent residence permit provides a foreign national or a stateless person a lot of advantages, such as:
- long-term residence in the territory of Ukraine;
- the period of stay in Ukraine is not limited to: for short-term stay (90 days out of 180 from the date of first entry);
- no additional expenses: medical insurance, visa fee;
- visa-free entry, no additional costs with frequent visa;
- employment without issuing additional permits;
- adjustment of the rights of the foreigner to the citizens of Ukraine, with reservations expressly provided in the law;
IMPORTANT!!! Only those foreigners are entitled to obtain a permanent residence permit in Ukraine who arrived in Ukraine in accordance with the requirements of the Law of Ukraine “On Immigration” and those who have decided to terminate the citizenship of Ukraine.
To enter Ukraine with the purpose of permanent residence therein, in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Immigration” one must first get the permission to immigrate, which can be received only by the following categories:
- scientists and cultural workers, whose immigration is in line with interests of Ukraine;
- specialists and workers with high qualification;
- individuals, who made a foreign investment into the economy of Ukraine in the amount of at least one hundred thousand (USD 100,000) US dollars;
- individuals being full a brother or sister, a grandfather or grandmother, or a grandchild of citizens of Ukraine;
- individuals, who have been citizens of Ukraine earlier;
- parents, a spouse of an immigrant and his/her minor children;
- individuals, who have uninterruptedly resided on the territory of Ukraine for three years since the date of their obtaining the status of persons affected by human trafficking;
- a spouse, if another spouse, to whom the former has been married since two years, is a citizen of Ukraine, children and parents of citizens of Ukraine;
- individuals being guardians or trustees of citizens of Ukraine or those being under guardianship or trusteeship of citizens of Ukraine;
- individuals entitled to the citizenship of Ukraine by virtue of their territorial origin;
- individuals, whose immigration are of state interest for Ukraine.
- foreign Ukrainians, their wives (husbands) and children in the event of their joint entry and stay in the territory of Ukraine.
The following documents are necessary to obtain a certificate for permanent residence in the territory of Ukraine:
- An application form.
- An application for immigration.
- Translation the foreigner’s passport certified by the notary or a translation agency.
- A copy of the page with the registration, border crossing, a migration card.
- Photocopies of the passports of the citizens of Ukraine who are close relatives of the immigrant (parents, children, spouse, brother or sister).
- Copies of birth or marriage certificates, which confirm the close relationship.
- Copies of birth certificates of children under 16 years.
- Medical certificates on absence of AIDS and tuberculosis, diphtheria, meningococcal, pathogenic disease, a certificate from the psychiatrist
- A police clearance certificate from the previous place of residence (according to paragraph 4 and 6, part 2 Article 4 of the Law of Ukraine “On Immigration”).
- 6 photographs (on matte paper).
- A police clearance certificate in Ukraine.
A permanent residence certificate must be updated at the age of 25 and 45.
Important!!! Failure to comply by foreigners and stateless persons with the established procedure of registration or violation of the established term of stay in Ukraine, found out at checkpoints across the state border of Ukraine, entail the administrative liability in the form of a warning or a fine of 30 to 50 non-taxable minimum incomes of citizens.
Failure to comply by the foreigners and stateless persons with the established procedure of registration or violation of the established term of stay in Ukraine may also entail deportation and a ban on entering the territory of Ukraine.
Our company provides the following services:
- providing consultation on obtaining a permit for temporary residence;
- preparation of the necessary documents;
- submission of an application and the required documents;
- obtaining a permanent residence permit in Ukraine;.
The term of obtaining: in each case, the term is different, since the procedure includes many nuances.