The law firm “Kasyanenko and Partners” provides a range of legal services for obtaining the tax reference number by a foreigner in the territory of Ukraine.
According to the Ukrainian law, a foreign national who intends to receive in Ukraine any income as the founder of the company, a hired employee, perform any notarial actions, open accounts in banks and in other cases, must obtain an identification number (the tax reference number) in the State Tax Inspectorate.
The regulation on registration of individuals in the State register of individuals – taxpayers provides for mandatory use of a tax reference number (earlier – an identification number) in the following cases:
- Payment (receipt) of any funds in Ukraine, which are subject to taxation in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine;
- conclusion of civil law contracts, the subject of which is the objects of taxation and in respect of which the obligation to pay taxes and fees arise;
- opening bank accounts or other financial institutions. When making payment documents during the commission of cashless payments by individuals;
- filling in the customs declaration by individuals while crossing the customs border of Ukraine;
- payment of taxes and fees by individuals;
- state registration of individuals – businessmen; granting to such persons special permits (licenses, patents, etc.); registration of independent professional activities;
- registration of property and other assets of individuals, which are subject to taxation, or rights thereto;
- submission of declarations of income, property and other assets to state tax inspection bodies;
- registration of vehicles that become the property of individuals;
- registration of individuals benefits, grants and other social payments from state target funds;
- in other cases stipulated by the laws of Ukraine and other legislative acts.
The list of documents and information for the tax reference number
A registration card of an individual may be submitted by a legal representative or an authorized person with the availability of the passport of this person and the passport or the photocopy (with a clear image) of the individual who is registered, as well as a notarized power of attorney for the registration of an individual in the State Register.
To obtain the tax reference number, the foreign national needs to provide the following documents and information:
- The first page of the passport translated into the Ukrainian language and certified by a notary (we will provide translation, if necessary);
- Information about the place of residence.
- The power of attorney for our staff member (if we render the services to you on registration of your company, one power of attorney may be issued).
Our company provides the following services:
- providing consultations on obtaining a permit for temporary residence;
- preparation of the necessary documents;
- submission of an application and the required documents;
- obtaining a temporary permit to reside in Ukraine or the extension of the previous one.
Terms of works for obtaining the tax reference number
Duration of registration of the individual tax reference number – from 5 to 10 working days.