The law firm “Kasyanenko and Partners” provides a range of legal services for obtaining a certificate for temporary residence for foreigners and stateless persons in the territory of Ukraine.
The certificate for temporary residence in the territory of Ukraine entitles a foreigner or a stateless person to reside temporarily in the territory of Ukraine on the grounds determined by the Ukrainian legislation. The main legislative act governing the relevant matter is the Law of Ukraine “On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”.
Receipt of a residence permit in Ukraine is possible for foreigners and stateless persons who have attained the age of 16 years (in exceptional cases, receipt of the permit is possible for a person under the age of 16 years – upon the notarized consent of both parents), and arrived in Ukraine:
- for employment;
- for participation in the projects of international technical assistance;
- for work in religious organizations;
- for participation in the activities of branches, departments, representative offices and other structural units of public (non-governmental) organizations of foreign countries;
- for work in the representative foreign economic entities in Ukraine;
- for work in branches or representative offices of foreign banks;
- for scientific, cultural and educational activities; for participation in international and regional volunteer programs or participation in the activities of organizations and institutions that engage volunteers to their activities;
- for work as a correspondent or representative of foreign media;
- with the purpose of education;
- with the purpose of family reunification with persons who are citizens of Ukraine or have a temporary residence permit in Ukraine.
The following documents are necessary to obtain a certificate for temporary residence in the territory of Ukraine:
- a standard application form for the receipt of a temporary residence permit in Ukraine;
- a passport document of a foreigner or a document certifying the identity of a stateless person with a visa type “D”, a copy of passport pages that contain personal details and visa;
- translation into the Ukrainian language of the page of a passport document of a foreigner or a document certifying the identity of a stateless person, with personal data;
- a receipt of payment of state duty;
- a petition of the host country about the receipt of the certificate for temporary residence in Ukraine;
- 4 photos 3,5 x 4,5 cm on matte paper;
- an identification code (if applicable) – a copy certified by the signature of the owner;
- a valid health insurance policy.
The application for a residence permit in Ukraine should be considered within 15 working days from the date of receipt of the documents by the authorized agency from a foreigner or a stateless person.
The residence permit is granted for a period up to one year with the possibility of extension.
Temporary certificate for residence is issued for 1 year. It is possible to extend it for a year, provided that there is a reason for that. At the time of obtaining a permit, a passport of a foreigner should be stamped, which means that a foreigner is in the territory of Ukraine based on certificate for temporary residence.
Important!!! Failure to comply by foreigners and stateless persons with the established procedure of registration or violation of the established term of stay in Ukraine, found out at checkpoints across the state border of Ukraine, entails the administrative liability in the form of a warning or a fine of 30 to 50 non-taxable minimum incomes of citizens.
Failure to comply by foreigners and stateless persons with the established procedure of registration or violation of the established term of stay in Ukraine, deportation and a ban to enter the territory of Ukraine are also possible.
Our company provides the following services:
- providing consultations on obtaining a permit for temporary residence;
- preparation of the necessary documents;
- submission of an application and the required documents;
- obtaining a temporary permit to reside in Ukraine or the extension of the previous one.
Receipt term: 2-3 weeks from the date of submission of the documents and information upon the availability of all necessary documents.