Representing the victim in court is just as important as representing the suspect. This task requires the lawyer to take the most serious approach to the case and apply all the skills developed over many years in the field of law.
According to the Criminal code, every victim has the right to seek the assistance of a lawyer, since in practice there are more and more situations where the rights of victims are seriously violated. Kasyanenko & Partners Law Company will help to avoid such violations.
Features of representation of the victim are as follows:
- The victim can be either an individual or a legal entity. In this case, the legal entity must be caused property damage by the attacker, and the individual, i.e. moral, physical or material.
- The rights and obligations of the victim arise either from the moment of filing a claim for committing a criminal offense against him, or from the moment of bringing the person to the case as a victim.
- A person who is part of a legal entity or a certain part of society and who has suffered moral harm cannot be considered a victim.
Law enforcement agencies, for various reasons, can help a suspect by removing criminal responsibility from him: close the case, help the suspect avoid punishment, and more. No one pays attention to the rights and interests of the victim in this situation. Thanks to the criminal lawyer, a detailed control of the pre-trial process is carried out-starting with the opening of the case, the transfer of proceedings to the court and ending with obtaining a positive result for the victim.
A professional lawyer will not allow the case to be closed without satisfying all the wishes of the victim, thereby appealing the actions of employees who conduct pre-trial investigation. Besides, the lawyer will help the victim to compensate for all losses, including moral damage.
To protect the rights and interests of the victim, Kasyanenko & Partners Law Company lawyers provide the following range of services:
- submission of necessary applications, petitions and petitions during the investigation;
- legal control of bringing the attacker to criminal responsibility;
- drafting and filing a civil claim, if necessary.